Copenhagen, Denmark

Hubby was invited to attend a company meeting in Copenhagen, Denmark and I was lucky enough to tag along.  It was a treat since neither us had been there before, and could benefit from using Copenhagen as a jumping off point to another European destination. 

Though we both worked while we there, he was in all day meetings with evening activities every night.  On the contrary, I worked east coast hours and therefore, I used the mornings to explore before I started up my 'work' day in the early afternoon.  I did this for two mornings and then spent the full day Friday seeing all the remaining sites I had on my wish list.  It was more than enough time to see all the main sites and get a good feel of the city.

Copenhagen is tiny.  The 'downtown' area is about the size of one square mile which makes it a great walking city.   Very easy to navigate and I think a nice preview of  Nordic life.   If I had to summarize my impression in three words, the first three words that come to mind are clean, safe, and homogeneous.  To me, it sort of felt like model for an Utopian society - people were generally easy going & polite, respectful of the environment, and I felt very safe even at 4AM on the subway.  If given the opportunity to return, I would probably pass.  However, if I were given an opportunity to live there, I would say yes in a heartbeat.  It isn't the most fun to visit, but definitely a place where I think people have a great quality of life.

Nyhavn

Kastellet Park 

St Alban's Church

Lots of gorgeous flower shops all over the city

Their hot dog is their most iconic street food.  There is a lot of hype on the blogs and the one I had lived up to every positive review I read.  

Tivoli Gardens