Iguazu Falls - Argentina & Brazil Sides

Along our two week travel throughout Argentina, we crossed other travelers who visited Iguazu Falls and of course the question of "Which side is better?" was raised and answered.  This was also a popular topic amongst bloggers and when pressed, Argentina seemed the resounding answer to a difficult question.  Therefore, my expectations were lowered when traveling to the Brazil side after a lovely morning visiting Devils Throat and the Upper Circuit on the Argentina side.  Therefore, it was truly a nice surprise at how much we all loved the Brazil side.  With limited time, I was unsure if we made the right decision to make the trek over given all the feedback,  Therefore, it was a blessing that we left Brazil deeply appreciative of the experience and so grateful we made the effort.  It was so worth it!

Traveling is a personal experience and everyone will find value in different things.  As the four of us are fortunate enough to be relatively well traveled, the half day in Argentina topped with a couple of hours at Brazil was the perfect way to experience this wondrous site.  It captured all the key highlights at a relaxing pace and was the perfect way to spend a day.

Personally, I thought Devils Throat (recommended first stop) was a bit underwhelming, but a nice little preview of what is to come.  The Upper Circuit was a nice trail with multiple view points - I liked the opportunity to stretch my legs on a well laid out wooden, flat trail and take as many pictures as I pleased.  We didn't have time for the lower trail, but if I were to redo the overall experience knowing what I know now, I think I would skip Devil's Throat altogether - complete the upper and lower circuit and then make my way over to the Brazil side.

The Brazil side is significantly shorter - a straightforward one way trail that would take a moderately fit person about 30-45 minutes to complete without photo stops.  However, the views are so breathtaking that you could easily spend over an hour trying to take the perfect photo.  I don't think any of my photos or mini videos do the falls justice - it is just that overwhelming.  The trail ends at an epic view where you are surrounded by waterfalls at every angle - the mist on a hot day is a gift from the angels and the beauty in front of your eyes is hard to describe.  It reminded me of just how lucky I am to be afforded these opportunities and if there was one word to describe how I felt that day, it was "humbled".

Devil's Throat - Argentina Side
View from Upper Circuit

First viewpoint from Brazil Side

Brazil Side