Smoke Duck and Smoke Pork over fireword....then grilled on the table. So good.

I am not a big fan of ssam gyup ssal, but hubby was in the mood so we decided to try it.  We walked by this place a number of times and noticed that it was usually full and admired the pork smoker they have on the outside of the restaurant.  Sounds like an attractive combo right?

First, I will say this is a true, local restaurant.  No frills, but solid food all the way.  The two employees there that were servicing all the customers (who I assume were mom and son) were very attentive, working hard at a quick, efficient pace, and it was the first time since I've been here that I felt like I was being fed by my own mom.  That itself will bring me back.

Now the food.  We tried smoke duck ssam gyup ssal for the first time and it was AWESOME.  The duck is previously cooked through a smoker and then you grill it over the coals to create an outer crispy layer.  omg.  so. good.  We also have the ssam gyup ssal which we both enjoyed, but agreed that the duck was the star.  We shall be back ajuma!

Two servings of meat, two servings of rice, and of course, two servings of beer.  34,000KRW.