Gogung at Insadong (고궁 – 인사동점)

We've read a LOT about this place having the best bibimbap game in town.  Fortunately, it is in our town so it was just a few minutes away.

It is in the ssamgaezil outdoor complex which closes at 9PM so there isn't a lot of evening foot traffic.  When we got there at 530pm, we were the only ones there.  Eventually there were a few other patrons, but otherwise, it was a quiet night at Go Gung.

We ordered the special which was the dol sot bibim bap pictured here, along with a seafood panjun and cold bibim bap.  The battery in our camera died so unfortunately I was only able to get this photo.  Fortunately though, I think it was a good shot of the delicious bap.

This dolsot bibimbap was really good, but I am a bit torn on how to rate this.  The rice was really good and veggie to rice ratio proportioned perfectly.  However, it was 11,000 KRW for this particular dish.  This is a BARGAIN if I compare it to NYC prices, but I am now based in Seoul and it is expensive for what it is.  There are a lot of places that serve the same dish for half the price.  The logical side of me says that they may not be as good and that is very well true.  But is it possible that it is twice as good?  Probably not.  Oh well.  Glad we went.  This was on my bucket list the last time we were in Korea so I am glad I can cross it off my list!