Fresh Shabu Shabu - Myeongdong Branch

We've been to this location twice and don't really like it.  Why did we go twice then?  I don't actually know.  Poor judgement perhaps?  

Well, in my defense, the first time I was feeling under the weather and my experience was okay.  My body wanted something warm and soupy.  The second time I went I was very healthy and had all my senses.  That time, I realized that it was just meh.  It just doesn't feel....fresh.   The restaurant was okay....looks clean, but it has an old dingy feel.  The food looks okay, but dull.  Veggies feel a few days old and I don't think this place gets the kind of turnover I'm used to from other Shabu Shabu places where the high demand requires constant provisioning of their veggie stock.   

All in all, the weather is beginning to warm up and if I happen to be in the mood for shabu shabu again, I shall try my luck elsewhere.