Seoul Metro Art Gallery & The War Memorial of Korea

We passed by the Seoul Metro Art Gallery every time we entered and left Gyeongbokgung station and decided to finally stop by.  The current exhibition is from the Seoul Arts High School and in my humble opinion, artwork exhibited by very talented high school students.  

The gallery itself is very small, but had the perfect amount of artwork in order for Kyung to finish his two donuts.  :P








http://www.sac.or.kr/eng/Space/trans.jsp

Later that day, we also visited the War Memorial of Korea.  This was the only museum to make my Seoul bucket list.  Knowing that my father served two tours in Vietnam in the Korean Army made me curious about this time period and I guess I wanted to know a little more about his life.  His service in the war was a sensitive topic growing up with my mom not allowing me to watch war movies on TV or ask him questions about it.  I know it was a difficult time for her as well, since she was along raising 3 children alone while worrying about his safety all the while.


The War Memorial of Korea is beautiful and has both an indoor and outdoor exhibition.  We mainly toured the outside exhibition which contained actual equipment used in the Korean War and also the large weaponry of other nations, the Korean War Monument, The Monument of King Kwanggaeto the Great, The Statue of brothers, Peace clock tower, etc.