Palsaek Samgyeopsal (팔색삼겹살) in Seoul, South Korea

On our second day in Seoul, we were ready to get our eat on and try some Pork Belly BBQ.

We met with someone I recently befriended at a NYC conference who is actually based in the Seoul office.  When I reached out to her, she was kind enough to make time for us during our visit and accompany for dinner.

The food was pretty good though I think there is a component of sticker shock that influenced our interpretation of the meal.  Dinner for all three of us was 30,000 KRW which is less than $28 USD.  I realize that there may be some countries where this is considered high, but in comparison to New York City prices, this was quite a deal.   For that price point, the level of service, and the awesome company, I had a great time and really enjoyed dinner.  I would consider coming back again...and I am guessing that this place will still be around since it is consistently well rated.


http://palsaikbbq.com/
Once you are done with all the pork, they add rice to the remaining seafood stew and make a fried rice w/ cheese.  May not sound appetizing, but it is surprisingly tasty!


Each pork slab is marinated in one of these sauces and they are grilled in order of mild to spicy.  As soon as you sit down, they bring you all the veggies and stew.  Once you pick a dinner set, they bring the pork and the grilling begins.